Jerusaldm Vistas / IsraelVision

We Would Love to Hear From You ~ Please Email Us With Your Comments..... jvistas@gmail.com
Please Visit Us Often..... israelvisiontv.blogspot.com ~ israelvision.com ~ stillsmallvoice.tv

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Case of Gilad Shalit~Part I

Gilad Shalit, was captured on 26 June 2006, in  an ambush by Palestinian militants. His kidnappers entered Israeli territory through an underground tunnel near the Kerem Shalom crossing, on the Israeli side of the border.  This Action Violates International Law.  Although Gilad Shalit is a soldier in the Israeli Army, he cannot be considered a Prisoner of War because Hamas made no official declaration of war and therefore his abduction was illegal.  Gilad Shalit is a hostage today of the Terrorist movement Hamas. Here is a transcript of the last Sign of Life from Giald Shalit.  It was Video taped on 14 Sepember 2009. * Translation taken from Haaretz newspaper, Israel.

I am Gilad, son of Aviva and Noam Shalit, brother of Hadas and Yoel, who lives in Mitzpe Hila. My identification number is 300097029. Today is Monday, September 14, 2009. As you can see, I am holding in my hand today's edition of the newspaper Palestine, September 14, 2009, published in Gaza.

I read newspapers in search of information about me. I hope to find some kind of information indicating that my release and return home is imminent. I have been waiting and hoping for a long time for the day that I am released.

I hope that the current administration, headed by Benjamin Netanyahu won't waste this opportunity to achieve a deal, and as a result I will finally be able to realize my dream and be released.

I want to send my regards to my family and to tell them that I love them and miss them very much, and pray for the day that I will see them again.

Dad, Yoel and Hadas, do you remember the day you came to visit me at my base in the Golan Heights, on December 31, 2005, which, if I'm not mistaken, is known as Revaiyah Bet?

We took a tour around the base and you took my picture atop the Merkava tank, and on one of the old tanks at the entrance to the base. We then went to a restaurant in one of the Druze villages, and on the way, we took each other's pictures on the side of the road with the snow capped Hermon Mountain as our backdrop.

I want to tell you that I feel well, in terms of health, and the Mujahideen, of the Iz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, are treating me wonderfully. Thank you very much, and goodbye.

In solidarity with Gilad Shalit and his family, Amisrael, a non profit organization operating in South America has taken up the cause of Gilad Shalit.  Most notably, Amisrael will present to Noam  Shalit, Gilad's father copies of resolutions made by fifteen Latin American states recognizing the violation of Gilad Shalit's human rights and demanding his release.

The Israel Vision film crew went to a press conference in Jerusalem and was there to witness the occasion.    Dr. William Soto, international Director and Founder of AMISRAEL was quoted as saying, "By gathering broad support from peoples of diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds, we also show the people of Israel that they are not alone, and that there is a strong community rallying to support their rights”...Post by David Rawlings

No comments: